Designed in 1946 by Robson Chambers, the house remained his personal residence throughout his rise to prominence as one of the desert’s “master” architects. Chambers made additions to the home in 1950 and 1956 to accommodate his family’s growing needs. The home’s innovative design was recognized on both a regional and national scale in newspapers and magazines as well as being chosen by Architectural Record to appear in its 1954 book, A Treasury of Contemporary Houses.
On November 10, 2021, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (acting as agent for the owner) submitted the 60-page Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the Robson & Helen Chambers Residence to the city of Palm Springs.
In June of 2021, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the Robson & Helen Chambers Residence to PSPF board advisor Steve Vaught.