One of the first houses in Old Las Palmas, the Hicks Residence was built in 1926 by pioneer builder Alvah Hicks as a spec house. The Hicks family lived in the house, selling it in 1929 to Anna Trischman Pryor and her sister Elizabeth. It was next sold in 1931 to Beatrice B. R. Moore, wife of diplomat Thomas Ewing Moore. She sold the house in 1936 to Charles Crane and his wife Cornelia. Charles Crane was a wealthy American businessman, heir to the Crane Plumbing fortune, and connoisseur of Arab culture. Crane died in the house in 1939.
In June of 2022, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the Alvah & Teresa Hicks Residence to PSPF board member Steven Keylon.