The M. H. Atikian Office Building, Royal Palm Gallery, and Penthouse Apartment was designed for M. H. Atikian in 1950 by architect William F. Cody. The steel-framed commercial structure used natural granite stonework and redwood siding to add warmth and visual interest. After a 1979 fire, the building was rehabilitated by architect Richard Harrison.
On June 21, 2022, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (acting as agent for the owner) submitted the 75-page Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the M. H. Atikian Office Building to the city of Palm Springs.
In March of 2021, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the M. H. Atikian Office Building to PSPF board member Steven Keylon.