One of the first houses in Old Las Palmas, the Moore Estate was built in 1926 by pioneer builder Alvah Hicks. Originally owned by diplomat Thomas Ewing Moore and his wife Beatrice B. R. Moore, the house became the property of Beatrice after their divorce. She sold the house in 1936 to Charles Crane and his wife Cornelia. Charles Crane was a wealthy American businessman, heir to the Crane Plumbing fortune, and connoisseur of Arab culture. Crane died in the house in 1939.
In June of 2022, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Resource nomination for the Moore Estate to PSPF board member Steven Keylon.