Palm Springs Preservation Foundation
 

Desert Holly Historic District - 2244 East Tahquitz Canyon Way

Desert Holly

Built in 1957, Desert Holly is a 14-unit complex comprised of eight buildings. The buildings surround a recreational area whose major component is a large pool. The beautiful modernist complex was constructed by talented Long Beach master builder and developer William J. O'Brien, Jr. Originally a cooperative, Desert Holly was converted to condominiums in 1998. Desert Holly is visible from one of the city's busiest streets.

On March 14, 2019 the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (acting as agent for the owners) submitted the 40-page Historic District nomination for Desert Holly to the Palm Springs Historic Site Preservation Board.

On March 15, 2018, PSPF was notified by the Desert Holly Homeowners Association (HOA) that they had voted to pursue historic district designation. Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board members Ron and Barbara Marshall volunteered to write the Desert Holly Historic District nomination.

home : mission : history : board : recognition : vintage pspf : archives : lost : then and now : successes & setbacks : tribute journals : membership : donate : get involved : our sponsors
our volunteers
: for homeowners : preservation links : tax credits : other links : contact us : online booklet : calendar

Copyright 2010 Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. All rights reserved, except for photographs used by permission of rights holders.
Created by Thetford Web Development