Palm Springs Preservation Foundation
 

Walter Kirschner Residence Class 1 Historic Site - 417 Hermosa Place

Casa AdaireCourtesy Palm Springs Historical Society     
Built in 1937 and designed by the architectural firm of Brewster & Benedict, the Walter Kirschner Residence is an important example of custom Spanish-Colonial Revival architecture. Kirschner was the wealthy co-owner of the nationwide Grayson's chain of ladies' apparel shops and was a friend and advisor to President's Roosevelt, Truman and Eisenhower. Kirschner named the property "Casa Adaire" after his daughter.

On September 19, 2018, PSPF (acting as agent for the owner) submitted the 121-page Class 1 Historic Site nomination for the Walter Kirschner "Casa Adaire" Residence to the city of Palm Springs' Historic Site Preservation Board.

In April of 2018, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Site nomination of the Walter Kirschner "Casa Adaire" Residence (1937, Brewster & Benedict) to board member Steven Keylon.

home : mission : history : board : recognition : vintage pspf : archives : lost : then and now : successes & setbacks : tribute journals : membership : donate : get involved : our sponsors
our volunteers
: for homeowners : preservation links : tax credits : other links : contact us : online booklet : calendar

Copyright 2010 Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. All rights reserved, except for photographs used by permission of rights holders.
Created by Thetford Web Development